Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I love quilts, but don't get the time to make them too much.  Here is one of the baby quilts I made this fall.  I found the pattern almost a year ago and thought it would be so fun to make.  I hoped a little kiddo would like it...I was right!  He loved the moon and the airplanes best!  How fun!  I made a butterfly quilt also for a new baby.  But can you believe I forgot to take a picture of it!   I'll have to get one later.

Quilts of been such a big part of my life.  I can remember my grandmother having a quilt frame suspended in the attic bedroom to work on as she could.  My great aunt did hand quilting well into her 80's.  My mom is like a quilt making machine.  She specializes in applique quilts and blesses all of us with wonderful quilts for special occasions or just because.  I plan to keep making a quilts as I have time.  When I retire I can get more active

No comments:

Post a Comment