Friday, March 16, 2012

I have finished a couple of projects I haven't shared!  I made this cowl for my daughter-in-law, but my granddaughter had to model it =)  A little bit of a camera hog (lol).  I saw this at a knit shop, sent the picture to my daughter-in-law to make sure she liked it and proceeded to pick out the yarn, until I looked at the price!!!!!!  I'd love to use some of the fun yarns they have, but really!  One small skein was $65! and this uses 3 different types of yarns.  It would have cost me $140 for the yarn.  I know it's wonderful yarn out of exotic fibers, but I made this for 10% of that cost! 

Here are knitted dishclothes I discovered the pattern online. I heard they were really good to use...I love them! After making the beige one, I made one a little larger with the brown trim, I have a 3rd in process right now.  They are made from cotton threads and scrub dishes really well!



Today I finished my first doily.  I've always loved doilies...a bit old fashioned, but there you go...I'm old:)  I'm not sure if I'm keeping this one or giving it away.  My youngest sister has laid claim to it, but then she does that to almost everything (huh, Kat?...love you!)  I found somemore patterns I'd like to try.  I remember when I was growing up all my mom, grandmothers, and all my aunts had doilies on their tables...is this too 1950's?  I don't care, I may try a tablecloth soon!

1 comment:

  1. FABULOUS projects, Pam!! BTW...I love doilies too...I love all of the intricate detail work and texture in them. :)

    Also, LOOOOVE the new look of your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete