Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Life has thrown this family a curve!  When your children are adults, you still worry about them, but when your child is an adult and mentally handicapped!!!! You are dealing with an adult/child...awgr-gr-gr.  Trying to convince people who are adults of normal intelligence that your adult/child who appears 'normal' is not is so absolutely FRUSTRATING!  Not only do they think I'm making excuses, but they often become condesending to me, seeming to think 'this poor lady is believin' this kid but we don't!  Come on people, mental handicaps cause problems because "newsflash" they want to fit in so they try to do what they perceive everyone else does!!!!  But you have the mind of an 8 year old influenced by television's version of life, trying to appear 'normal!!!!  Well I finished my rant, everyone say some prayers for the legal system getting some knowledge and understanding for my son.  Thank you for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Much love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! All of our friends have been so supporting and loving these past 4 months. I'm almost through my ordeal, and my son gives us more to be concerned about. It is so wonderful to feel the love and support being sent our way! Give the girls a hug for me.

      Delete